There are many regularly scheduled classes at the Sandel Center. Advanced sign up is not necessary. New classes are introduced often and dates and times are subject to change. Consult the calendar for the most up to date schedule: August Calendar August Events
Please call (516) 678-9245 or visit the Sandel Center for more information.
- Center Stage Chorus: Professionally led choral group practices weekly and performs twice a year. All voices welcome.
- Sing a Long: A weekly informal gathering of people who love to sing.
- Art: Explore your artistic passion and let it flow! Learn to use acrylic, watercolor and other mediums. All levels welcome.
- Knitting and Crochet: Learn new techniques or enjoy the familiar ones.
- Flower Arranging: Create beautiful arrangements for the Senior Center and your own home.
- Card Making: Personalize your correspondence with your own unique style.
- Monthly art show and artist reception: Area artists display their work on a monthly basis. A monthly reception is held to meet the artist and hear about their work.
Cards and Games
Rummikub, scrabble, cards, Mah-Jongg and more.
- Headlines: An in-depth look at the events that shape our lives and our nation. Professional facilitator.
- Brain Fitness: Solid academic research proves that the brain can strengthen at any age – you can grow more neurons and the brain can even re-learn. Exercises for the brain. Shelly Pazer, Ph.D.
- The News: Informal discussion of current events.
- Tuesday Topic: Guest speakers present lectures on topics that will enrich your life.
- Talk It Out and Words of Wisdom: Social Worker facilitated discussion groups.
- Book Club: Indulge your passion for reading. Join a Rockville Centre librarian every month with a spirited discussion of the chosen book. Books are available at the Sandel Center.
A Birthday Brunch is held monthly. All members are welcome. Those members celebrating a birthday during that month receive an invitation in the mail to a complementary brunch. Celebrants are welcome to invite guests at a cost of $4.00pp.
Sandel Senior Men’s Club
All male members are invited to join the Sandel Senior Men’s Club. Meetings are held the first and third Tuesday of every month. Meetings feature guest speakers and a lite bite. Members arrange trips, luncheons and special events. A President and Board are elected by the Men’s Club members. There is an annual membership fee of $20.
Click to view larger.
Members create beautiful floral arrangements - Thursday mornings at 10:30 am
Art class takes place Thursday mornings at 10:30 am.
Dominos and Mah-Jongg are two of many different games that members enjoy
The Sandel Center book club is facilitated by Ellen Berman of the RVC Library.
Learn to make hand crafted greeting cards. Thursdays 11am.